Experienced Los Angeles Lawyer for Birth Injury Claims
Get results from capable client-oriented birth injury attorney
Most birth injuries are not serious and quickly resolve with no lasting harm to the baby. However, serious birth injuries can sometimes occur because of medical malpractice. Our knowledgeable lawyer at National Choice Lawyers in Los Angeles provides compassionate and understanding advice on claims for injuries sustained in the delivery procedure. We put our heart and soul into representing our clients.
Skilled medical malpractice attorney for your Los Angeles birth injury claim
Birth injuries are different from birth defects. When a baby is injured during the delivery, it is called a birth injury, which may involve medical malpractice. Birth defects are the result of some harm the baby experienced before birth. Common birth injuries that can result from medical malpractice include:
The negligent use of medical instruments or defective medical products used during the delivery procedure can cause damages to a baby’s face, skull and brain. You will need qualified experts to prove that a birth injury occurred and to prove that the damages resulted from medical malpractice. Our experienced Los Angeles medical malpractice attorney has access to the necessary experts to prove your case.
What is cerebral palsy?
Cerebral palsy is a disorder of the brain and nervous system that resulting from abnormal brain development or by an injury to the brain. Genetic factors, fetal stroke or infections of the baby or the mother during pregnancy can cause this disorder. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) after birth in a car accident and by lack of oxygen to the baby’s brain during the delivery process can occur because of medical malpractice. Types of cerebral palsy include:
- Spastic cerebral palsy has symptoms of muscle contraction making limbs stiff, rigid, and resistant to flexing or relaxing, with jerky and awkward movements.
- Ataxic cerebral palsy affects coordination and balance, but does not cause involuntary movements.
- Athetoid cerebral palsy has symptoms of involuntary, slow, repetitive and writhing movement of the extremities.
- Dystonia/Dystonic cerebral palsy affects the trunk muscles, more than the extremities, resulting in a fixed, twisted posture and involuntary movements.
- Choreaform disorder has symptoms of abrupt, irregular, jerky movements, which may also occur during sleep.
- Choreoathetoid cerebral palsy is a combination of choreaform and athetoid involving irregular, twisting and curving movements.
Erb’s palsy may be the result of medical malpractice
When doctors use negligent methods to free a baby from a stuck position during the delivery process, damage to the nerves that control the shoulder, arms and feeling can occur. Such an injury is called Erb’s palsy. If a doctor has diagnosed your baby with Erb’s palsy, we recommend you consult with one of our knowledgeable Los Angeles personal injury lawyers to discuss whether a medical malpractice claim may be one of your options.
Trusted and capable representation of birth injury claims in Los Angeles
At National Choice Lawyers, we believe that the client matters. Our bilingual staff cares for the community we service. Call us today for a free initial consultation at 877-375-8424 or contact us online.